Famous Football Player from Argentina: Gabriel Batistuta Trivia
Batistuta, a striker, professional and stylish football player of Argentina has been the best thing ever happened to Argentina so far. The former striker Batistuta played for his country till 2005 and brought enough fame for Argentina. Checking out his fixtures is always a treat. So come along and know more about him in a quick glance:
• His nickname is Batigol.
• His height is 1.85 m.
• Batigol played his first professional match in 1988.
• He scored his first ever professional goal in 1989.
• His participated in the first ever national team match in 1991 against Brazil.
• He scored his first national goal in 1991 against Venezuela.
• He last national goal was scored in 2002 against Nigeria.
• He played his last national team match in year 2002 against Sweden.
• He scored 6 goals in Copa America in 1991 and remained the top scorer.
• He scored 24 record breaking goals in Qatari League.
• He was the top scorer of all Arab leagues.
• He is the highest scorer of Argentina with 56 goals in 78 matches of the national team
• He is the fourth player to complete the hat-trick at World Cup.
• He is the only player to score a hat-trick in two World Cups as well.
He was honored for being among the Greatest Living Footballers in FIFA 100 list.
Batistuta had everything which a national team could demand. No wonder Argentina is going to miss him in every national match!