Real Zaragoza S.A.D. are one of those Spanish professional league clubs which could surprise you with the biggest up-sets on the field against any European side. They play great football with great techniques. They had a long football history with many historic moments which throw the sufficient light to prove them as one of the best teams in Spain.
Real Zaragoza football club won the first title for club in 1963/64 season by winning the Copa del Rey trophy. The very next season, the club won the same title for two consecutive years and repeated in 1985-86, 1993-94, 2000-01, and 2003-04 seasons.
The club has spent most of its time in the Spanish top-flight, playing 56 seasons in La Liga, while 16 seasons in Second Division and 4 seasons in Third Division.
Real Zaragoza football club is more often regarded as the Spanish mid-table league team and has an honor winning the major trophies like UEFA Cup Winners’s Cup back in 1994-95 season.
- Copa del Rey: 6 (1963/64, 1965/66, 1985/86, 1993/94, 2000/01, 2003/04)
- Spanish Supercup: 1 (2004)
- Inter-Cities Fairs Cup: 1 (1963/64)
- UEFA Cup Winners’ Cup: 1 (1994/95)
- Segunda Division: 1 (1977/78)
- 56 seasons in La Liga
- 16 seasons in Segunda Division
- 4 seasons in Tercera Division
Best League position: 2nd (74/75 season)
Worst place in the league: 20th (season 01/02)
Overall La Liga historical classification: 9th
- Most matches: Aguado (473), Violeta (471), Juan Manuel Villa (382)
- Most minutes: Aguado (33,480), Violeta (29,042), Senor (26,984)
- Most goals all time: Marcello (117), Murillo (113), Pichi Alonso (112)
- Most goals in a season: Ewerthon (28), Seminario (25)
- Foreign players with most appearances: Gustavo Povet (239)
- Highest red cards: Aguado (18), Cuartero (8), Belsue (6)
Honours as a Player
- Pichichi Trophy
- Juan Seminario: 24 goals (1961/62)