Deportivo La Coruna is a Spanish international football league club based in the city of A Coruna, Galicia, Spain. The club was founded in 1906 and Luis Cornide was the first president of Deportivo de La Coruna Football Club. DLC is a La Liga (1st Division) league team and plays home games at “Riazor” stadium, having capacity of 35,000 spectators.
Deportivo La Coruna football club, well known as the “ Depor”, “Los Turcos”, “Branquiazuis (The Blues and Whites) and “SuperDepor”, plays home games in the Blue and White stripe jersey with Blue shorts, and uses black jersey with black shorts for away games.
Deportivo La Coruna won the first La Liga title in 1999-00 season and finished five times as runners-up on the other occasions. Depor has also won the Spanish League title twice in 1995 and 2002, and three Spanish Super Cups. The Branquiazuis have been a regular on the Top positions in La Liga in the last 20 years and so. The club is a regular participant in the European Championships, playing UEFA Champions League five seasons in a row, reaching the semis in 2004.
The “SuperDepor” is regarded as one of the most favorite teams in Europe and continues threat to any Spanish Rivalries and even to any European giants. They have a strong history in playing superb football over the years. Deportivo de La Coruna football club has played 40 seasons in Primera Division, 37 in Second Division, 1 in Second Division B, and once in Third Division, including 5 appearances in UEFA Champions League, 5 in UEFA Cup, 1 in UEFA Cup Winners’ Cup and 2 appearances in Intertoto Cup.
The chairman, Augusto Cesar Lendoiro, and the manager, Migual Angel Lotina has really worked hard for the side to become as one of the best sides in Europe.
Hercules Club de Football has a long history filled with many great moments, data, joys and sorrows. The Hercules football team is regarded as one of the top Spanish sides of Second Division. The club has promoted to the top division (La Liga) 2010-11 season after 13 years of long journey spent in the Second Division and Second B Division.
1970’s and 80s is regarded as the most successful season in the football history of Hercules CF, playing 10 years of spell in the top flight. The club has successfully played 20 seasons in the La Liga, 40 seasons in Second Division, 11 seasons in Second Division B and 7 seasons in the Third Division.
- Segunda Champions – 1935-36, 1965-66, 1995-96
- 20 seasons in La Liga
- 40 seasons in Second Division
- 11 seasons in Second Division B
- 7 seasons in Third Division
- Highest score achieved in First Division Hercules 6-Celta 1 (Season 1939-40)
- Embedded biggest win First Division: Atletico Madrid football club 9- Hercules 0 (Season 1955-56)
- Best place in the League (First Division): 5th (Season 74-75)
- Worst in the League (First Division): 21 (Season 96-97)
- Top scorer in its history: Eduardo Rodriguez, with 36 goals in a season. (Season 1992-93)
- More matches: Giuliano
- Most seasons wearing the blue and white shirt: Macia
- Most important president in the history Hercules football history: Don Jose Rico Perez
- Coaches in its history: Arsenio Iglesias, Juan Carlos Mandi, Manolo Jimenez, Quique Hernandez, EstebanViso